We believe that Sunday worship is not merely a gathering of God’s children with each other, but is primarily a meeting of the triune God with his covenant people. In the covenant, God promises his chosen ones that he will dwell among them as their God and they will be his people. The Sunday worship service is the most visible example of God’s dwelling with his covenant people as a community.
We believe that:
- The triune God is present in public worship, intimately, as the faithful covenant Savior. Through Christ, God’s people have access by one Spirit to the Father.
- In an assembly of public worship, the triune God is not only the One to whom worship is directed, but also the One who is active in the worship of the church. Through his public ordinances, the covenant God actively works to engage his people in communion with himself.
- In public worship, God communes with his people, and they with him, in a manner which expresses the close relationships of the Father and his redeemed children, of the Son and his beloved bride, and of the Holy Spirit and the living temple in which he dwells.
In public worship, God’s people draw near to their God unitedly as his covenant people, the body of Christ. For this reason:
- Children should be present so far as possible, as well as adults. Because God makes his covenant with believers and their children, we encourage families to sit together.
- No favoritism may be shown to any who attend. This means that all are welcome.
- The service is conducted in a manner that enables and expects all the members of the covenant community—male and female, old and young, rich and poor, educated and uneducated, healthy and infirm, people from every race and nation—to worship together.
Finally, because God’s people worship, not as an aggregation of individuals, but as a congregation of those who are members of one another in Christ, public worship is to be conducted as a corporate activity in which all the members participate as the body of Christ.
Worship Service: 10:30 AM
Christian Education: Coming Soon
Trinity Waco meets at Woodway Elementary School, 325 Estates Dr, Woodway, TX 76712.
Trinity Presbyterian Church
208 Hewitt Drive, Suite 103-169, Waco, TX 76712
Woodway Elementary School
325 Estates Drive, Waco, TX 76712
Trinity Presbyterian Church is a Mission Church of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church (OPC)